Eggplant Golden Eggs Seeds (Solanum melongena)
Price for Package of 10 or 25 seeds.
An unusual beautiful ornamental pot plant and/or annual, Golden Eggs' is sure to draw a lot of attention. This easy-to-grow plant reaches 12-20 inches tall and produces purple flowers and egg-shaped, non-edible, non-poisonous fruit. The fruit change from white to yellow and remain on the plant for weeks under proper environmental conditions.
'Golden Eggs' thrives in a warm to a hot environment and does best in full sun. Can be grown outside as an annual in a warm sunny sheltered location, but best in a conservatory/outside for the summer. Plants can be pinched, pruned or sheared depending on how they are used, including pot plants, large tubs or containers.
· Sow thinly in good quality well drained seed compost, covering thinly and keeping moist at 65-70F.
· Germination in 7-14 days.
· Transplant seedlings to individual pots after 6-10 weeks
· Golden Eggs' is a moderate feeder and should be fertilized at every other watering.
· Prune as required to keep in shape.